Jones lifts Robert Morris past LIU Brooklyn 60-57Saturday, Feb 2, 2013
NEW YORK (AP)—Velton Jones made a jumper with 11 seconds left to lift Robert Morris to a 60-57 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday.
Karvel Anderson knocked down two free throws to seal the game for the Colonials (15-8, 7-3 Northeast Conference), who have won seven of their last eight games.
Anderson led Robert Morris with 13 points. Lucky Jones had 11 points and nine rebounds, and Russell Johnson added 12 points.
Robert Morris, which had an eight-point advantage with more than 10 minutes left to play, saw its lead vanish late in the contest. LIU Brooklyn’s Jason Brickman made two free throws to give his team a 55-53 lead with 3:01 remaining.
After Anderson’s 3-pointer, the Blackbirds regained the lead at 57-56 on Jamal Olasewere’s jumper. But Robert Morris pulled ahead for good after Jones’ jumper.
Brickman scored 19 points for LIU Brooklyn (11-11, 6-4). Olasewere had 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Justice, sort of: Houston's Coleman gets one-game suspension
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne