NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Trevor Noack led four starters in double figures with 19 points and Belmont made of 50 percent from 3-point range en route to a 74-52 win over Ohio Valley Conference-foe Tennessee Tech on Saturday night.
J.J. Mann added 16 points while Kerron Johnson and Ian Clark tallied 13 apiece for Belmont, which shot 11 of 21 from 3-point range and led 27-24 at the break.
Belmont (18-4, 9-0) opened the second half with a 12-3 run to take a commanding 38-27 lead. Mann had eight points during the spurt.
The Bruins stretched their lead to 21, 57-36, behind two free throws from Johnson.
Tennessee Tech (8-13, 2-7) shot just 38.3 percent (18 of 47), compared to 48 percent (24 of 50) for Belmont, and committed 21 turnovers.
Belmont registered a 33-26 rebounding advantage and dished out 16 assists.
Jud Dillard paced Tennessee Tech with 17 points and 10 boards.
- Ian Eagle shares the origin story of Bill Raftery's 'Onions!'
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics