Wolters, S. Dakota State top S. Dakota 67-54Thursday, Jan 31, 2013
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP)—Nate Wolters scored 19 points and South Dakota State led most of the way en route to a 67-54 victory over rival South Dakota on Thursday night.
South Dakota State (17-6, 8-2 Summit) also got a noteworthy performance from Jordan Dykstra. He had a double-double—18 points and 14 rebounds—and became the 43rd member of the school’s 1,000-point club.
Tony Fiegen and Chad White each chipped in with 11 points.
Things looked bleak for South Dakota (8-14, 4-6) most of the night. The team had just one double-digit scorer—Casey Kasperbauer’s 15 points—and converted just 5 of 10 free-throw attempts for the game.
- Wolters, S. Dakota State top S. Dakota 67-54
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon 76-72
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro