SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Brett Olson scored 16 points and Denver never trailed in defeating UTSA 71-57 on Thursday night.
Chase Hallam had 12 points and Marcus Byrd scored 10 points in 11 minutes for the Pioneers (12-8, 8-2 WAC), who shot 61 percent in the first half to open a 39-19 lead. They led by as many as 28 points in the second half, even though they cooled off to a 38 percent clip from the outside.
Cam Griffin had seven of Denver’s 20 assists, and Royce O’Neale had nine points, six assists and a team-high seven rebounds.
The Pioneers were playing for the first time since Jan. 23, when they lost at New Mexico State to snap a seven-game winning streak.
Kannon Burrage led the Roadrunners (5-15, 1-9) with 19 points. Larry Wilkins scored 15 points and Michael Hale III scored 10 for UTSA.
- Denver rolls past UTSA 71-57
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72