Taylor leads UT-Martin over Eastern Kentucky 72-65Thursday, Jan 31, 2013
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Myles Taylor scored 21 points and grabbed 14 rebounds as Tennessee-Martin knocked off Eastern Kentucky 72-65 Thursday night to win two straight games for the first time this season.
The Skyhawks (6-16, 3-7 Ohio Valley Conference), coming off a 65-62 win over Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, made 28 of 34 free throws, including 15 of 20 in the second half. The Colonels made only 7 of 13 foul shots, 4 of 7 after the break.
Tied at 35 at halftime, Eastern Kentucky led 46-41 with 14:33 to go. The Colonels (16-6, 6-3) still led 54-53 with 7:16 left when Tennessee-Martin went on a 13-5 run. After Eastern Kentucky got within two, at 67-65 on a Glenn Cosey 3-pointer with 32 seconds left, the Skyhawks made 5 of 8 free throws to clinch it.
Tennessee-Martin outrebounded the Colonels 51-26.
Cosey, returning after missing six games with a broken finger, finished with 20 points.
- Taylor leads UT-Martin over Eastern Kentucky 72-65
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending