Florida Atlantic beats Louisiana-Monroe 76-71Thursday, Jan 31, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Greg Gantt scored 19 points and Richard Morrow had a double-double, 11 points and 13 rebounds, to lead Florida Atlantic past Louisiana-Monroe 76-71 Wednesday night in Sun Belt Conference play.
Stefan Moody scored 16 points and Pablo Bertone added 13 for FAU (11-12, 6-6).
Trailing at halftime 45-36, FAU opened the second half on a 15-4 run to take a 51-49 lead on Gantt’s jumper with 12:46 left to play.
The teams traded leads for most of the second half until Bertone’s 3-pointer with 1:55 left made it 70-67.
Amos Olatayo answered with a layup to make it 70-69, but the Warhawks failed to score another field goal the rest of the way. FAU made four free throws in the final minute to seal the victory.
Louisiana-Monroe shot just 21.1 percent (8 of 38) in the second half.
Olatayo scored a season-high 25 points for the Warhawks (3-14, 2-9).
- Fisher has 15 in Kent St. win over N.C. Central
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team