Hampton rallies to beat South Carolina State 64-40Wednesday, Jan 30, 2013
Dwight Meikle added 13 points to help Hampton (6-13, 3-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) snap a four-game losing streak.
Down 58-57, Phillip Henry’s 3-pointer gave South Carolina State a 60-58 lead with 2:40 left. The Bulldogs would not score again.
Hampton tied the game at 60-all on a pair of free throws by Emmanuel Okoroba with 2:08 remaining, and then took a 62-60 lead behind two free throws from Ke’Ron Brown with 1:33 to go.
Patrick Myers missed a potential tying jumper for South Carolina State with 6 seconds left.
Ahead at halftime 33-29, South Carolina State shot just 33.3 percent (9 of 27) in the second half while Hampton shot 48.1 percent (13 of 27).
Brown and Okoroba scored nine apiece.
Matthew Hezekiah led the Bulldogs (4-16, 0-7) with 18 points.
- Hampton rallies to beat South Carolina State 64-40
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74