Biedscheid leads Notre Dame past Villanova 65-60By TOM COYNE, Associated Press Wednesday, Jan 30, 2013
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)—Cameron Biedscheid scored a season-high 18 points, 15 in the second half, and Jack Cooley added 17 points and 16 rebounds to lead Notre Dame to a 65-60 win over Villanova on Wednesday night.
After going 1 of 2 from 3-point range in the first half, Biedscheid was 4 of 5 in the second. Overall, the Fighting Irish (17-4, 5-3 Big East) were 9 of 21 from 3-point range and survived going more than 13 minutes without scoring a 2-point basket. Villanova (13-8, 4-4), coming off back-to-back victories last week against then-Top 5 teams Syracuse and Louisville, was just 3 of 11 from 3-point range.
Mouphtaou Yarou led Villanova with 20 points, Darrun Hilliard scored 14 and JayVaughn Pinkston had 11.
Biedscheid, a freshman, scored in double figures in a Big East game for the first time to spark the Irish, who had lost two of three at home.
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics