College of Charleston tops Appalachian State 72-59Wednesday, Jan 30, 2013
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Lawrence scored 16 points, Anthony Thomas had 14 with seven rebounds, and College of Charleston went on a 21-6 second-half run to beat Appalachian State 72-59 on Wednesday night.
Trent Wiedeman and Anthony Stitt had 10 points apiece for the Cougars (15-7, 6-3 Southern Conference), who have won three in a row.
Tevin Baskin scored 16 points off the bench and Jay Canty had 11 for Appalachian State (8-12, 4-5), which has lost four of its past five.
Appalachian State closed to within two at 44-42 on Tab Hamilton’s jumper with 14:28 left, but the Cougars pushed it to 58-48 with 9:02 remaining and led 65-48 on Wiedeman’s layup with 4:16 left.
Appalachian State trimmed the lead to 65-55 on Michael Obacha’s layup with 3:33 remaining, but the Cougars cruised to the victory.
Charleston made 17 of 25 from the line, while Appalachian State hit 7 of 10.
- Tournament commercials that will torture you: Coke Zero
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69