Jakob Gollon added 11 and Bud Thomas pulled down 10 rebounds. Smith was 5 of 10 from the field and Hall hit 4 of 9 shots. The duo combined to go 17 of 19 from the free-throw line.
After Lipscomb’s Malcolm Smith made a layup to draw the game to its fourth tie, 27-27, Hall converted two free throws that sparked a 16-5 run for the Bears.
Hall had eight points during the run and Smith added a 3-pointer.
Mercer (13-9, 6-3) shot 34.8 percent (8 of 23) in the first half but hit 11 of 16 after intermission en route to its third win in four games.
Deonte Alexander’s 20 points led Lipscomb (8-12, 3-6), which made 9 of 31 second-half shots.
- VCU beats Northeastern 75-65 in CAA quarterfinals
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas