Williams hit 5 of 9 from the field and 5 of 6 at the foul line and also grabbed six rebounds. Rob Johnson added 13 points and Malcolm Hawkins 11 for the Spartans (12-10, 7-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
Deron Powers scored 20 points and Du’Vaughn Maxwell added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Pirates (5-13, 2-3). Ramon Mercado, who scored a career-high 24 against Coppin State Monday, had nine points off the bench on 2-of-12 shooting.
Hampton led 39-32 at halftime, but Norfolk State opened the second half on a 9-2 run and tied it at 41 on Rashid Gaston’s layup.
Williams scored six points during a 15-3 Spartan run for a 64-54 advantage with 5 minutes remaining.
The Spartans improved to 80-41 in the Battle of the Bay series.
- Portland takes a page out of Oregon's marketing playbook
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78