Savannah State downs South Carolina State 64-49Saturday, Jan 26, 2013
It was the sixth consecutive win for the Tigers (11-9, 5-1). The Bulldogs (4-15, 0-6) have now lost 12 games in a row.
Savannah State took a 32-21 lead at halftime, then coasted to the 15-point victory. Besides Blackman, Rashad Hassan came off the bench to score in double figures with 17 points. Largely on his effort, Savannah outscored the Bulldogs 29-7 in bench scoring.
Hassan was 7 for 12 from the floor and made all three of his free throws.
While Savannah State was 5 for 12 from the 3-point arc, South Carolina State went 3 for 17 from long range. Khalif Toombs sank two of those treys in eight attempts.
Matthew Hezekiah led the Bulldogs with 13 points and Darryl Palmer added 10.
- Can you pass the NCAA’s annual coaches certification exam?
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee