Emil Jones added 13 and Jeff Mullahey chipped in 10 off the bench for Troy, which defeated Louisiana-Monroe 64-55 on Jan. 10.
Troy (9-12, 4-6), which has beaten Louisiana-Monroe (3-13, 2-8) eight straight times, extended its lead to 10 points, 38-28, on Tevin Calhoun’s 3-pointer 3:40 into the second half. But Louisiana-Monroe trimmed the lead to 57-54 before Trent Mackey’s 3-pointer with 2 seconds left sent the game into OT.
In overtime, Jones sandwiched two jumpers around an Amos Olatayo layup and Ray Chambers hit a jump shot to give Troy the lead for good, 63-59.
Olatayo led Louisiana-Monroe with 26 points. His layup with 1:51 left in overtime made it 63-61 but Troy outscored Louisiana-Monroe 8-3 the rest of the way.
- Were Wednesday’s 12:01 a.m. recruiting calls effective or overkill?
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown