LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP)—Saah Nimley scored 23 points with 10 rebounds and Charleston Southern held off Liberty 79-75 Saturday night to win its eighth consecutive game and remain the only undefeated team in Big South Conference play.
The Buccaneers (12-6, 7-0), whose winning streak is the longest since they won nine straight in 1994-95, are also off to their best conference start since winning their first 10 in 1986-87.
Charleston Southern led 74-66 with 6:21 to go, but John Caleb Saunders’ layup tied it at 74 with 4 minutes left. The Buccaneers then hit 5 of 7 free throws while limiting the Flames to a JR Coronado foul shot with 1:31 remaining.
Arlon Harper added 19 points and Mathiang Muo and Jeremy Sexton scored 14 apiece for Charleston Southern. Allie Fullah had 10 rebounds and five blocks.
Davon Marshall’s 23 points led Liberty (6-15, 2-5), which has lost three of its past four.
- Indiana signee Cody Zeller shares stories from his recruitment
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win