Wes Eikmeier and Pierce Hornung added 12 points each and Greg Smith and Colton Iverson 11 apiece for the Rams (16-4, 3-2 Mountain West), who used only eight players.
Tyler Johnson scored 23 points and Marvelle Harris added 15 for the Bulldogs (7-12, 1-5), who were outrebounded 40-21.
Colorado State led 38-20 at halftime and held off Fresno State in the second half. The Bulldogs got back within five points twice, but the Rams answered both times.
Daniel Bejarano salted the game away with a 3-pointer to make the score 68-58 with 1:12 remaining.
Iverson damaged the rim on a first-half dunk, leaving the glass intact but delaying the game for more than 10 minutes while the rim was replaced.
- The UAB student body doesn't deal well with loss
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78