CCSU holds on to beat St Francis Brooklyn 72-70Saturday, Jan 26, 2013
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Kyle Vinales led all scorers with 19 points and Adonis Burbage finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds as Central Connecticut State held on to beat St. Francis Brooklyn 72-70 Saturday in Northeast Conference play.
Terrell Allen scored 15, Malcolm McMillan added 14 and Matt Hunter had 13 to help Central Connecticut State (8-11, 4-4) snap a two-game skid and win its eighth straight at home against St. Francis (8-11, 4-4).
Trailing 69-62 with 3:30 left, St. Francis’ Ben Mockford made a 3-pointer and Travis Nichols made two free throws to cut the deficit to 69-67 with 1:30 remaining.
Following Vinales’ free throws that put the Blue Devils ahead 71-67, St. Francis’ Aleksandar Isailovic made a 3-pointer with 30 seconds left to get within one, 71-70.
Trailing 72-70, St. Francis’ Brent Jones missed a 3-pointer with 1 second left.
Jalen Cannon led the Terriers with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
- Bowles scores 40, James Madison tops Towson 72-61
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson