Cochran, Davidson beat Western Carolina 79-74Thursday, Jan 24, 2013
Jake Cohen added 15 points and Tyler Kalinoski added 10 points to help Davidson (12-7, 7-1) win its third straight game.
Trailing 6-5 early, Kalinoski’s jumper capped a 25-7 run to put Davidson ahead 30-13 with 7:55 left in the half.
Davidson shot 55.6 percent (15 of 27) in the first half and led 44-31 at halftime.
Western Carolina (8-12, 5-3) fought back in the second half to get within one, 71-70, with 1:37 left, but Cochran answered with a 3-pointer to make it 74-70 with 1:18 remaining.
Western Carolina made just one field goal in the final minute and Davidson made three straight free throws to seal the victory.
Trey Sumler and Brandon Boggs scored 22 points each for the Catamounts.
- McNeal leads Marquette over Wisconsin, 61-58
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas