SE Louisiana defeats Sam Houston State 69-65Thursday, Jan 24, 2013
The Lions (6-11, 4-3 Southland Conference) were behind 30-27 at halftime and trailed until Dre Evans’ 3-pointer put them ahead 38-37 with 15:50 to play.
Terrance Motley’s jumper quickly put the Bearkats (11-8, 4-3) back ahead, but after Darius Gatson’s basket made it 40-38 Sam Houston State, Roosevelt Johnson’s layup sparked a 5-0 Southeastern Louisiana run to put the Lions ahead for good.
Southeastern Louisiana never led by more than seven, and the Bearkats twice cut the lead to two points in the final 30 seconds, the last on Gatson’s free throw with 4 seconds remaining. Johnson responded with two free throws, though, and Sam Houston State’s Paul Baxter missed a desperation 3 to end it.
DeMarcus Gatlin led the Bearkats with 15 points.
- Calhoun, UConn beat Texas A&M 92-66
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72