OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—D.J. Cooper tallied 17 points, nine assists and seven rebounds to lead Ohio past Miami (Ohio) 74-62 Wednesday for its best start in Mid-American Conference play since the 1998-99 season.
Nick Kellogg hit five 3s en route to 15 points and Ivo Baltic posted 13 points and 12 rebounds to become the 34th Ohio player to score 1,000 career points.
The Bobcats have won six straight games and improved to 8-1 this season when Kellogg scores at least 10 points.
Miami (Ohio) led the first 6 minutes but Cooper, Kellogg and Travis Wilkins hit consecutive treys to give Ohio (14-5, 5-0) the lead for good, 18-12.
Ohio, who leads the nation in assists per game (19.4), dished out 21 in the win and shot over 50 percent (26 of 50) from the field for the third straight game.
Will Felder led Miami (7-10, 2-3) with 19 points and 10 boards.
- Portland takes a page out of Oregon's marketing playbook
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78