Mack, Cook lead New Orleans over NJIT 96-94 in 3OTMonday, Jan 21, 2013
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Isaac Mack hit a jumper with 2.6 seconds remaining as New Orleans topped the New Jersey Institute of Technology 96-94 in triple overtime Monday night.
Lovell Cook added a career-high 32 points on 12-of-22 shooting for the Privateers (5-12), including three free throws in the final 11 seconds of regulation to force overtime.
NJIT (9-10) took a 94-92 advantage with 2:30 left in the third overtime, but Cook hit a jumper with 54 seconds remaining to tie it. Mack then knocked down his jump shot for the decisive 2-point edge.
Mack finished with seven points.
The teams exchanged the lead three times in the first overtime, with Cook hitting a jumper with 2 seconds remaining for a 78-78 tie.
New Orleans led by three points late in the second overtime until Ryan Woods’ 3-pointer tied it 89-89 with 33 seconds remaining.
Woods led the Highlanders with 24 points.
- Texas A&M beats Arizona 67-66
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture