Trailing by four, the Midshipmen (7-12, 1-2 Patriot League) launched a 28-8 run—denying the Black Knights a field goal for one 5:46 span—to lead 31-15.
Ella Ellis scored seven of Army’s first 10 points of the second half to close to 34-33. Phil Guglielmo and Smith answered with back-to-back 3-pointers, then Smith added a jumper and Kevin Alter, who finished with 14 points, knocked down a trey, ending the threat.
Although Navy made only one basket and hit 8 of 19 free throws in the final 5:56, the Black Knights got no closer than eight and posted their lowest point total of the season.
Ellis scored 15 points to move into Army’s all-time top 10 with 1,352 points.
- A Lexington farming family’s corn maze tribute to John Calipari
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics