Youngstown State (10-8, 2-3 Horizon) took an 8-2 lead to begin the game thanks to two 3-pointers by Blake Allen but the Panthers answered with a 23-10 run to take a 25-18 lead with 10:04 remaining in the first half. The Penguins answered right back however, going on a 23-10 run of its own capped off by another Allen 3-pointer to give Youngstown State a 41-35 lead and the Penguins never looked back.
After Austin Arians tipped in a missed 3-pointer to cut Youngstown State’s lead to one, 73-72, Allen hit a pair of free throws with 21 seconds left to seal the deal. Allen ended the night with 16 points.
Arians and J.J. Panoske each scored 15 points for Milwaukee (5-14, 1-4).
- Pac-12 fans are the big winners from league’s new TV deal
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72