Bethune-Cookman holds off SC State 60-52Saturday, Jan 19, 2013
Ricky Johnson, a 5-foot-9 point guard, added a career-high 11 rebounds with nine points for the Wildcats (7-12, 2-2).
Bethune-Cookman, which came in having lost four of its past five games, took a 26-24 halftime lead despite shooting 29.6 percent from the field (8 of27). The Wildcats improved to 44 percent (11 of 25) in the second half, building a 10-point lead with 12:53 left.
South Carolina State climbed back within two, trailing 49-47 with 4:14 left. Mark Mack hit two free throws and Dukes dunked to end the threat. Dukes is now two points shy of 1,000 career points.
Khalif Tombs scored 16 points to lead South Carolina State (4-13, 0-4), which has lost 10 straight games, the previous eight on the road.
- San Diego State coach unhappy about losing recruit to Kansas
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69