Raijon Kelly added 15 points and seven assists, Brandon Hayman scored 14 and Tim Williams chipped in 13 to help Samford (7-12, 5-1) win its fourth straight game.
Ahead 59-58 with 10:54 left to play, Geffrard’s jumper sparked a 6-0 run, making it 65-58 with 6:14 remaining.
After Appalachian State got within two, 67-65 on Nathan Healy’s 3-pointer with 2:38 to go, the Mountaineers then turned the ball over twice, and missed five shots in the final 53 seconds to seal the victory for Samford.
The Bulldogs shot 54.5 percent (30 of 55) for the game and dominated inside, outscoring the Mountaineers 38-22 in the paint.
Jay Canty scored 19 points and grabbed eight boards for Appalachian State (7-10, 3-3).
- How Kentucky's Josh Harrellson became known as 'Jorts'
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team