Oral Roberts defeats Sam Houston State 65-61 in OTSaturday, Jan 19, 2013
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Shawn Glover and Warren Niles scored 17 points apiece and Oral Roberts beat Sam Houston State 65-61 in overtime Saturday, taking sole possession of second place in the Southland Conference.
Korey Billbury scored 16 points and had a team-high eight rebounds. Damen Bell-Holter added 13 points for the Golden Eagles (10-8, 5-1).
The Bearkats (11-7, 4-2) led 26-23 at halftime. The Golden Eagles outscored them in the second half, shooting 54.5 percent, while the Bearkats shot 45.8 percent in the half. At 3:48, the Bearkats were up 51-48 and led by as much as five down the stretch. With 58 seconds to play, Bell-Holter hit a layup to get within one, 55-54. With four seconds remaining, Glover made one free throw to tie the game at 55, but missed the second.
Marquel McKinney had 11 points, and Darius Gatson added 10 for the Bearkats. Demarcus Gatlin had seven rebounds.
- Mychal Thompson reacts to Klay Thompson's marijuana arrest
- Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia 63-62 on Allen's buzzer-beater
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88