The Aggies led 22-11 on a 3-pointer by Powell midway through the first half, and after Simuel Frazier’s jumper made it 22-13, A&T scored the final 16 points of the period for a 38-13 advantage at the break.
Bruce Beckford contributed nine points and seven rebounds for the Aggies (9-10, 2-2), who have won four of their past five.
Frazier led the Bison (4-15, 1-5), who have lost three in a row and seven of their past eight, with nine points.
North Carolina A&T shot 42.9 percent from the field (21 of 49) to Howard’s 25 percent (12 of 48). The Aggies outshot the Bison 33.3 percent (7 of 21) to 14 percent (2 of 14) from beyond the arc.
- North Carolina A&T runs away from Howard 61-37
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69