Montana defeats Montana State 76-71 in overtimeBy ERIK ANDERSON, Associated Press Saturday, Jan 19, 2013
Will Cherry had 14 points and seven rebounds for the Grizzlies (12-4, 8-0 Big Sky), who gave coach Wayne Tinkle his 74th conference win, a school record.
Mike Weisner drilled a 3-pointer for Montana with three seconds remaining in regulation to tie the game at 66-all and force the extra period. The Grizzlies scored the first six points of overtime and protected the cushion at the free-throw line.
Christian Moon scored 14 points and Flavien Davis 12 for the Bobcats (6-9, 3-4).
Tinkle’s win eclipsed the mark held by Mike Montgomery, who after coaching the Grizzlies from 1979-86 went on to Stanford, then the NBA’s Golden State Warriors. Montgomery currently coach at California.
- Kansas may be down to five scholarship players for exhibitions
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan