Baylor blasts D-III foe Hardin-Simmons 107-38Saturday, Jan 19, 2013
WACO, Texas (AP)—Baylor rested its two most prolific scorers and still had a record-setting day against Hardin-Simmons, beating the Cowboys 107-38 on Saturday.
The 69-point win broke the school record for largest margin of victory, bettering a 121-55 win over Austin College in 1978.
Taurean Prince had 21 points and 15 rebounds for Baylor (12-5), which will host Big 12 rival Oklahoma State in a televised game on Monday, a factor that may have led coach Scott Drew to not play senior guard Pierre Jackson and 7-foot-1 freshman Isaiah Austin, who average a combined 33 points a game.
Brady Heslip scored 15 points for the Bears, L.J. Rose added 14 points and 12 assists, Cory Jefferson and Rico Gathers each had 10 points and 12 rebounds, and Deuce Bello scored 10.
Darius Singletary scored eight points to lead Hardin-Simmons (10-6), a Division III school.
- Iowa State's Hilton Coliseum flooded with 8 feet of water
- Alabama holds off slumping No. 15 Texas A&M, 63-62
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65