Kelly paces Morehead State past SE Missouri 75-59Thursday, Jan 17, 2013
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Drew Kelly led a balanced scoring effort with 15 points and Morehead State pulled away in the final 12 minutes of the game for a 75-59 victory over Southeast Missouri on Thursday night.
Jared White hit a pair of free throws with 12:05 left in the game to give Southeast Missouri (10-10, 2-4 Ohio Valley) its only lead of the second half 44-42.
Morehead State (9-10, 3-2), sparked by a free throw by Bruce Reed at 11:44 and a basket by Reed at 11:22, began to take control of the contest that was tied 13 times.
Angelo Warner scored 12 points for Morehead State and Bakari Turner and Reed scored 10 each. Chad Posthumus grabbed 13 rebounds, giving Morehead State a 45-23 advantage on the glass.
Nino Johnson led Southeast Missouri with 13 points and Lucas Nutt had 12.
- Bob Huggins has a 'Huggie Bear' cartoon in his likeness
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics