Smith, Appleby help Louisiana Tech top Idaho 72-66Thursday, Jan 17, 2013
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kenneth Smith scored 22 points and Raheem Appleby had 20 to lead Louisiana Tech to a 72-66 victory over Idaho in a Western Athletic Conference game on Thursday night, the Bulldogs’ seventh straight win.
Kenyon McNeail had 13 points for the Bulldogs (15-3, 5-0), who scored 33 points off Idaho’s 23 turnovers. Louisiana Tech had 10 turnovers.
Stephen Madison had 21 points and eight rebounds, and Kyle Barone scored 19 for the Vandals (6-10, 2-4).
Trailing 30-25 at halftime, the Bulldogs pulled ahead 39-38 on Appleby’s 3-pointer with 13:15 to go. Idaho grabbed the lead back with a 13-5 run that included a four-point play by Connor Hill and a 3-point play by Stephen Madison, going ahead 51-44 with 10:26 to play.
The Bulldogs tied it at 56 on Appleby’s layup with 5:48 left and led 68-63 with 30 seconds remaining with the help two of 3-pointers from McNeail.
- Long Beach State has the coolest uniforms of any NCAA tournament team
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69