LEXINGTON, Va. (AP)—D.J. Covington led four players in double figures with 19 points and eight rebounds as Virginia Military Institute turned a six-point halftime deficit into a 76-57 win over Campbell on Wednesday and snapped the Camels’ five-game winning streak.
Stan Okoye added 17 points, Rodney Glasgow 16 and Brian Brown 11 for VMI. Okoye, Glasgow and Covington combined to sink 20 of the Keydets 21 free throws.
VMI (9-7, 4-0 Big South Conference) shot a porous 29.6 percent (8 of 27) in the first half as Campbell, which made 13 of 28 in the first half, took a 33-27 lead into intermission. The Keydets opened the second half with an 8-0 run to take their first lead 35-33.
Campbell (8-10, 3-1) tied the game at 41-all with 13:02 left but VMI outscored the Camels 21-4 over the next 5 minutes to jump ahead 62-45.
Reco McCarter led Campbell with 13 points.
- BYU's record comeback beats Iona, 78-72
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- Iona-BYU Preview
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown