BALTIMORE (AP)—Ryan Cook scored 16 points, grabbed seven boards and dished out four assists and Chase Plummer added 12 points in just 16 minutes of action to lift Maryland-Baltimore County over Hartford 70-57 in America East Conference play Wednesday night.
Brian Neller hit five 3-pointers for 15 points and Adrian Satchell pulled down 11 boards for the Retrievers, who held a 40-33 rebounding edge.
UMBC (4-14, 2-3) scored the game’s first 20 points as Hartford did not get its first basket until Mark Nwakanna’s free throw at the 9:13 mark. The Hawks (10-8, 3-2), who made just 3 of 29 shots in the first half, shot 51.6 percent (16 of 31) and outscored UMBC 45-38 in the second half, but the Retrievers hit 18 of 24 free throws in the frame.
Nwakamma had 21 points and Yolonzo Moore II 19 for Hartford, but only one other Hawk scored over five points.
- Mundweiler leads Wagner to 82-70 win over Quinnipiac in overtime
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78