Illinois-Chicago edges Loyola of Chicago 61-59Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013
CHICAGO (AP)—Gary Talton’s layup with 2 seconds to play gave Illinois-Chicago a 61-59 victory over Loyola of Chicago Wednesday night.
Talton, who led the Flames (11-7, 2-3 Horizon) with 14 points, also hit a 3-pointer with 2:16 to play to tie the game at 57. Loyola’s Ben Averkamp scored to restore the Ramblers’ lead, but Josh Crittle’s basket tied it again for UIC. After Talton’s go-ahead basket, Averkamp’s 3-point try bounced off the rim at the buzzer.
Crittle had 12 points and seven rebounds for Illinois-Chicago, which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Christian Thomas scored 16 points and Averkamp finished with 14 for the Ramblers (10-7, 1-4), who have lost four in a row—three by either one or two points.
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'