Purdue defeats Penn State 60-42By CLIFF BRUNT, Associated Press Sunday, Jan 13, 2013
A.J. Hammons had 12 points and 10 rebounds, D.J. Byrd scored 12 points and Rapheal Davis added 10 in just his second start for the Boilermakers (8-8, 2-2 Big Ten).
Brandon Taylor led Penn State with 11 points, but he was the only Nittany Lion to score in double figures.
Penn State has lost four straight and has failed to score more than 54 points in any of those games. The Nittany Lions shot a season-low field-goal percentage for the third straight game and posted a season-low point total.
Purdue outrebounded the Nittany Lions 42-33, allowing the Boilermakers to get away with 10-for-21 shooting from the free-throw line.
- Mount St. Mary's, Md. 69, Long Island U. 91
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold