The Hatters (7-10, 4-2), down 36-33 at halftime, outscored the Spartans 33-28 after the break. Aaron Graham made 1 of 2 free throws with 1:12 left, putting Stetson up 65-61. But Ty Greene, who paced SC-Upstate (8-9, 2-2) with 18 points, hit his fifth and final trey with 33 seconds left to make it 65-64.
After Hunter Miller made 1 of 2 foul shots with 12 seconds remaining, it was 66-64. The Spartans’ Ricardo Glenn rebounded Fred Miller’s miss and was fouled with a second left. He missed the first shot in the bonus, then intentionally missed the second. A tip-in failed.
Stetson won it at the foul line. The Hatters hit 11 of 18. South Carolina-Upstate was 6 of 13.
Torrey Craig scored 12 points for the Spartans. Jodd Maxey added 10.
- Snider, Illinois-Chicago beat Purdue Calumet 91-74
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72