Green Bay rallies past Illinois-Chicago 53-47Saturday, Jan 12, 2013
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Alec Brown scored 21 points, one short of his career high, and pulled down eight rebounds Saturday, helping Green Bay rally in the final minutes for a 53-47 victory over Illinois-Chicago.
Brown, a junior, was 6 of 13 from the field, including two 3-pointers, and 7 of 8 from the line. Brennan Cougill added nine points for the Phoenix (8-9, 2-2 Horizon League), who have won their last nine home games against Illinois-Chicago.
Gary Talton led the Flames (10-7, 1-3) with three 3-pointers and 11 points.
Illinois-Chicago led 43-40 after Daniel Barnes’ two free throws with 4:48 left. But Cougill’s layup sparked a game-ending 13-4 run, capped by Brown’s four free throws in the final 10 seconds.
The game originally was scheduled for 7 p.m. local time but was moved up to avoid a conflict with the NFL’s Green Bay Packers, who were playing in San Francisco on Saturday night.
- Green Bay rallies past Illinois-Chicago 53-47
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69