Tennessee State beats Southeast Missouri 81-69Saturday, Jan 12, 2013
Patrick Miller scored 20 points and Jordan Cyphers had 14 to help Tennessee State (11-7, 5-0) improve to 6-0 at home this season.
The Tigers shot 64 percent (16 for 25) in the first half and held the Redhawks to 38.5 percent (10 for 26) in the period. Tennessee State led at halftime 43-29.
Southern Missouri (10-9, 2-3) cut the lead to nine, 58-49, early in the second half, but Tennessee State went back up by double figures when Cyphers answered with a 3-pointer to make it 61-49.
The Tigers led by as many as 17 points and converted 14 free throws in the period while Southern Missouri made only six for the game.
Corey Wilford led the Redhawks with 15 points.
- Wake Forest recruit Aminu shot the right woman with a BB gun
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina