McAdams made all four of his 3-point attempts for the Zips (11-4, 2-0 Mid-American), who have won seven in a row. He missed one of his five free-throw tries.
Nick Harney had 12 points and seven rebounds, Demetrius Treadwell had 11 points and nine rebounds and Deji Ibitayo also had 11 points for Akron.
Darrell Bowie scored 13 points to lead Northern Illinois (3-11, 1-1). Abdel Nader scored 10 for the Huskies, who were coming off a MAC-opening win at Miami of Ohio that ended their five-game losing streak.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 2, Christian Laettner
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72