Reed, LIU Brooklyn beat Mount St. Mary’s 86-72Saturday, Jan 12, 2013
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (AP)—E.J. Reed came off the bench and scored career-high 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds as LIU Brooklyn beat Mount St. Mary’s 86-72 Saturday in a Northeast Conference matchup.
C.J. Garner added 14 points and seven rebounds, and Jamal Olasewere finished with a double-double, 16 points and a game-high 11 boards to help the LIU (6-20, 1-3) outrebound Mount St. Mary’s 40-27.
Trailing 54-37 at the 16:22 mark, Mount St. Mary’s (6-9, 1-3) went on a 17-6 run make it 60-54 with 9:45 left to play. That was the closest the Mountaineers would get as LIU Brooklyn closed the game on a 26-18 run.
LIU shot 58.5 percent (31 for 53) for the game and outscored Mount St. Mary’s 44-20 in the paint.
Rashad Whack led the Mountaineers with 18 points, and Raven Barber added 10 points off the bench. Both players recorded six rebounds.
- Reed, LIU Brooklyn beat Mount St. Mary's 86-72
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win