PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (AP)—Tyrone Garland led four La Salle scorers in double figures with 17 points as the Explorers topped Richmond 71-59 for their first Atlantic 10 Conference win of the season Saturday.
Tyreek Duren added 15 points, Jerrell Wright 12 and Steve Zack 11 for La Salle (11-4, 1-1), which dropped its A-10 opener against Charlotte on Jan. 9.
Kendall Anthony’s 13 points led Richmond (11-6, 1-1). Darien Brothers—the Spiders’ leading scorer with 15.6 points per game—scored seven points on 2-of-13 shooting, including 1 of 6 from 3-point range.
La Salle led 33-30 at halftime and used a 6-0 run shortly after intermission for a 41-34 advantage with 16:40 left. The Explorers then went over 4 minutes without a field goal, allowing Richmond to pull within 41-38. La Salle led by between three and nine points until Sam Mills’ layup put the Explorers up 63-52 with 1:38 left.
- Bracket reset: Ranking the Sweet 16 squads
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne