PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Matt Sullivan scored 18 points and Brown allowed a season-low in points to blow out Division III-program Daniel Webster 71-34 Saturday in a nonconference game.
Sean McGonagill added 15 points and 8 assists, and Joe Sharkey finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds as Brown (6-8) allowed its lowest point total since the 1979-1980 season.
Brown’s bench was powered by Stephen Albrecht, who scored 11 points, and Cedric Kuakumensah, who had a game-high 12 boards to help the Bears outrebound Daniel Webster 50-25.
Daniel Webster (5-8) shot 17.9 percent (5 for 28) in the first half and McGonagill scored 14 points in the period to help Brown take a 37-14 lead into halftime.
Brown led by as many as 38 points in the second half.
John Hickson scored a game-high 21 points for the Eagles, but was the only player for Daniel Webster in double figures.
- Brown blows out Daniel Webster 71-34
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture