Miles finished with 13 points for the Toreros (9-8, 2-0 West Coast), who snapped a six-game losing streak against San Francisco. Chris Anderson added 10 points and five assists.
San Francisco (7-9, 0-3) got 19 points from Cody Doolin, 16 from Tim Derksen and 11 from Cole Dickerson.
San Diego hit 11 of 22 3-pointers, with most coming at key moments.
Two straight 3s by John Sinis started a 9-0 run that put the Toreros ahead 26-17. After San Diego took a 46-32 halftime lead, the Dons opened the second half on a 20-7 run to get within 53-52 on a 3-pointer by Derksen with 12:14 remaining.
Miles responded with back-to-back 3s for San Diego to build the lead back to seven, and the Toreros held on from there.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 2, Christian Laettner
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72