UALR rallies past North Texas in 2nd half 67-53Thursday, Jan 10, 2013
Josh Hagins added 11 points, eight assists and six steals for the Trojans (10-8, 4-3 Sun Belt), who shot 60 percent in the second half to overcome a seven-point deficit. Will Neighbour had nine points, 11 rebounds and three blocks.
North Texas (6-11, 1-5) got 13 points each from Tony Mitchell and Alzee Williams. The injury-plagued Mean Green committed 17 turnovers and shot 40 percent from the field.
Kemy Osse, who was scoreless in the first half, hit back-to-back 3-pointers that spurred a 12-0 run and put UALR ahead 54-44 with 7:20 remaining.
The Trojans made just 4 of 10 free throws in the game but shot 51 percent overall from the field and had only eight turnovers.
- Arkansas's Courtney Fortson in trouble over tweet
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58