Boise State hands Wyoming its 1st loss, 63-61By ROB BLACK, Associated Press Thursday, Jan 10, 2013
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Jeff Elorriaga had 18 points and sank a 3-pointer at the buzzer as short-handed Boise State defeated Wyoming 63-61 on Wednesday night, knocking the Cowboys from the unbeaten ranks in the Mountain West opener for both teams.
Josh Adams made two free throws with 9.1 seconds remaining to give Wyoming (13-1) a 61-60 lead before Elorriaga canned the game-winner from the left corner. He was 6 of 10 from 3-point range.
Anthony Drmic also scored 18 and Igor Hadziomerovic added 11 for the Broncos (13-2), who won their seventh in a row despite missing four players. Derrick Marks, averaging 16.3 points, and reserves Michael Thompson, Kenny Buckner and Darrious Hamilton were left home because of violating team rules, a spokesman said.
Derrious Gilmore had 17 points, while Adams and Leonard Washington each had 12 and Riley Grabau scored 10 for Wyoming, which entered Wednesday as one of four unbeaten Division I teams with Duke, Michigan and Arizona.
- Turbulence at Minnesota continues with Devoe Joseph's absence
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69