Northern Illinois beats Miami (Ohio) 72-61Wednesday, Jan 9, 2013
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Aksel Bolin came off the bench for 11 points and Northern Illinois snapped a five-game losing streak, beating Miami (Ohio) 72-61 Wednesday night in the Mid-American Conference opener for both teams.
Darrell Bowie and Abdel Springs added 10 apiece for Northern Illinois, which snapped a 13-game road losing streak against Miami.
Despite outshooting Northern Illinois 52.4 percent (11 of 21) to 37.5 percent (9 of 24), Miami (5-8) entered halftime tied with the Huskies, 28-all.
The second half opened with three ties and four lead changes before Northern Illinois (3-10) jumped ahead for good on a Mike Davis jumper. The Huskies built their lead to as many as 15, 66-51, and led by at least 10 points throughout the final 5 minutes.
Will Felder led Miami with 15 points and Reggie Johnson had 12 but the Redhawks got just eight points off the bench.
- A rejuvenated Rick Majerus is enjoying St. Louis’ torrid start
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56