Yolonzo Moore II finished with 16 points and Evan Cooper added 13 for the Hawks (10-6, 3-0 America East Conference), who have won three straight games.
Hartford never trailed in the contest, but did not pull away from the Black Bears until late. Maine guard Justin Edwards converted two free throws to cut the deficit to 57-55 with 3:21 left in the second half.
The Hawks answered with a 6-0 run, capped by Moore’s two free throws to pushed their lead to eight points with 1:19 remaining. Moore, who made four 3-pointers in the game, scored four points during the spurt.
Edwards and Jon Mesghna each scored 17 points for the Black Bears (8-8, 2-1), who had their four-game winning streak snapped.
- Frank Martin tweets in protest of Jacob Pullen’s draft night snub
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne