NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Delaware guards Devon Saddler and Jarvis Threatt combined for 42 points to lead the Blue Hens to a 69-54 victory over Hofstra in a Colonial Athletic Association game Wednesday night.
Saddler, the league’s leading scorer at 19.8 points per game, scored 23 on 9-of-14 shooting, while Threatt had 19 points, made 7 of 13 shots and came up with six steals. Kyle Anderson added 11 points.
The Blue Hens (7-8, 2-0) pulled away with a 16-3 run early in the second half that gave them a 47-33 lead with 13:25 remaining, and they never led by fewer than 11 points the rest of the way.
Daquan Brown came off the bench to score 13 points for the Pride (4-11, 1-1), the only Hofstra player to score in double figures.
Stephen Nwaukoni had 11 rebounds for Hofstra, which beat Georgia State 52-50 Monday night to end an eight-game losing streak.
- Moore leads No. 14 Purdue past Alcorn State
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina