CLEVELAND (AP)—Freshman Bryn Forbes scored 14 points and was one of nine Cleveland State players with at least three rebounds in the Vikings’ 60-50 win over Illinois-Chicago on Monday in Horizon League play.
Tim Kamczyc scored a game-high 13 points to go with four boards, and Sebastian Douglas added 10 points and four rebounds for Cleveland State (9-7, 1-1), which held a 32-30 rebounding edge and grabbed over 30 rebounds for just the second time in its last six games.
After Josh Ivory broke open a 21-all tie with a 3-pointer, Aaron Scales made back-to-back baskets inside to give the Vikings a 28-21 lead at the break. Cleveland State opened the second half with a 10-2 run to pull away. Forbes had five points during the spurt.
Josh Crittle and Gary Talton led Illinois-Chicago (10-5, 1-1) with 10 points apiece but the Flames shot 33.3 percent (14 of 42).
- A Harvard study examines whether you should foul up three
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78