Taylor was put on the line after grabbing the rebound off the Governors’ Travis Betran’s 3-point miss. Betran was trying to snap a 74-all tie set when Mike Liabo made 2 of 3 free throws for the Skyhawks with 15 seconds left.
Liabo’s 3-pointer put UT-Martin (4-12, 1-3) ahead 72-71 with 1:01 left, but Austin Peay’s Will Triggs converted a three-point play with 22 seconds remaining for a 74-72 advantage.
UT-Martin forced overtime after Dee Oldham’s jumper set a 66-all tie with 24 seconds left in regulation. Betran missed a 3-pointer just before that buzzer, too.
Austin Peay (4-12, 0-2) has now lost eight consecutive games, including three straight by two points each.
Liabo finished with 21 points and Taylor 19 with 13 rebounds.
- UT-Martin defeats Austin Peay 76-74 in OT
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69