DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP)—Jake Cohen had 20 points and eight rebounds, and Davidson scored the first eight points of the game to cruise to an 85-53 victory over UNC Greensboro in a Southern Conference game on Saturday night.
De’Mon Brooks scored 14 points, which gave him 1,000 for his career, and had seven rebounds. He is the 43rd Wildcat player to reach 1,000 points.
Nik Cochran scored 12 and JP Kuhlman 10 for the Wildcats (8-6, 3-0). Cochran was 6 of 6 from the foul line. He’s 50 of 52 this season.
The Wildcats led 45-27 at halftime.
Derrell Armstrong scored 17 points, shooting 5 of 6 from the field, to lead the Spartans (2-10, 1-1). UNC Greensboro has lost five in a row.
Davidson shot 42.9 percent from the field (27 of 63) and made 23 of 27 from the foul line. The Spartans shot 18 of 54 from the field.
- After trying year at Kansas, Josh Selby thriving as draft nears
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics